Saturday, June 23, 2012

Gussie's Peony



IN MEMORY OF AUGUSTA HICKS BAYONNE

Today, June 23, 2012, is the one year anniversary of my mother's death.  Our friends, Jack & Sandee Buss, gave me the peony plant last year when I returned from her funeral. Jerry planted it in the strip along the driveway in front our home.  On Wednesday, the single flower on the plant opened and it is still open and in good shape.  What a beautiful way to honor my mother's passing and I hope next year that there are more blossoms.  Mom would loved flowers and would have been especially attracted to this beauty.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to honor your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely way to honor a loved one. I see that plant every day, so when the flower is gone, I 'll have the plant as a daily reminder of my Mom. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. That is beautiful. We transplanted some of grandmas peonies and they are doing great this year. Four foot tall and lots of blooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peony is beautiful and now the flower is in full bloom. It is a hybrid so it does not have as many petals as the one you usually see. I am looking forward to more blossoms next year. Thanks.

      Delete